What are some fun reading activities?
- 1 – Have a book themed day.
- 2 – Act out your favorite book.
- 3 – Create and play a game based on your favorite book.
- 4 – Write and illustrate your own book.
- 5 – Read books to other people.
- 6 – Make treats based on a book.
- 7 – Make a craft from a book.
- 8 – Do a book scavenger hunt.
What is a fun reading game? Bingo games give kids a fun way to practice reading a variety of words, from easy to difficult. Sight Word Bingo. Magic E Bingo. Rhyming Bingo.
What are some fun ways to teach a child to read?
- Display letters and words around the classroom. Children are naturally curious.
- Create word families.
- Play decoding games.
- Teach phonemic awareness.
- Play ‘fish’ with sight words.
- Word search bingo.
- Help children love to read by making it fun.
How can I teach my child to read for free?