What are some fun ways to teach colors?
- Talk about colors– Pointing out colors during play, conversation, in reading books, and going for walks…
- Color with painting– Incorporate all of the colors of the rainbow in multisensory activities from a young age.
- Teach colors with a ball pit– Use ball pit balls in a baby pool.
How do you help kids learn their colors?
- Start simple.
- Use small, colorful objects for sorting.
- Distinguish contrasting colors.
- Color puzzles.
- Use the same objects.
- Label EVERYTHING with a color.
- Color with crayons and markers.
- In their natural environment.
How do you play the Colour game?
How do you teach games with colors? Give each student a different colored paper (or even 2 colors). Teacher calls a color and an action (e.g. “Blue – Jump!”). Other actions can be stand up, spin around, run on the spot, sit down, hop, wiggle, star jump, etc. Place different colors around the room.