What are good games for kids with Down syndrome?
- Hasboro Pie Face. The Pie Face game is our favorite board game on this list!
- Yeti in My Spaghetti.
- Lucky Ducks — The Memory and Matching Game that Moves.
- Giant Kerplunk Game.
- Pop the Pig.
- Bounce-Off Game.
- Connect 4.
- Rock ’em Sock ’em Robots Game.
What activities help Down syndrome?
- Playing with Musical Instruments. Music is a motivating way to improve fine motor skills, and there are lots of options depending on skill level.
- Sorting Activities. Lots of children enjoy sorting games.
- Playing with Dough.
- Posting Games.
- Building Blocks.
How do students with Down syndrome learn best? How Do You Accommodate Students With Down Syndrome? First, always speak directly to the student, using clear, receptive language and short sentences. Place a strong emphasis on visual learning when teaching reading to students with Down syndrome. Think visual demonstrations, pictures, and illustrations.
What is the best way to teach a child with Down syndrome? Since they are visual learners, teaching reading to students with Down syndrome should be characterized by a strong emphasis on visual learning. Visual demonstrations, pictures and illustrations can also be successfully used to assist in providing effective instruction in other subject areas of the curriculum.