How do you teach kids that words can hurt?
- Teach them about labels.
- Help them put themselves in another kid’s shoes.
- Teach them about different kinds of kids (and how they’re not so different).
- Set an example.
- Spread kindness…in all kinds of ways.
How do I teach my child the power of words?
How do you demonstrate the power of words?
How do I teach my child to like and dislike?
1. Introduce “I like” and “I don’t like”
- First, draw a food or drink in the ‘like’ column (such as a banana).
- Next, draw something in the ‘dislike’ column (such as a tomato).