What games do 3rd graders play?
- Crazy captions. This simple but fun activity builds reading and writing skills.
- Microscope discovery.
- Create a scroll.
- Play a matching game.
- Writing letters.
- Power reading talk.
- Water glass music.
- Family fitness.
How can 3rd graders make learning fun?
- Give your child a new board game. Choose an age-appropriate one that taps your child’s interests — whether she’s passionate about princesses, horses, baseball, or outer space.
- Play cards. Teach your child some of your childhood favorites.
- Head outside for active learning fun.
Why is ABCya called ABCya? With a plan to gamify educational lessons, Alan developed several learning activities for his computer classes. He came up with a fun domain name—ABCya.com—to host his games, and began using them with his students.
What should I teach my 3rd graders?
- Understand different types of sentences and the main parts of speech.
- Analyze poetry.
- Learn how affixes work.
- Learn how to do basic research.
- Write a story with a beginning, middle and end.
- Engage in collaborative discussions.
- Have a basic understanding of maps.