What are some fun ways to teach a child to read?
Teaching Children to Read: 7 Creative Ideas for Your Classroom
- Display letters and words around the classroom. Children are naturally curious.
- Create word families.
- Play decoding games.
- Teach phonemic awareness.
- Play ‘fish’ with sight words.
- Word search bingo.
- Help children love to read by making it fun.
What is the easiest way to teach a child to read?
Here are 10 simple steps to teach your child to read at home:
- Use songs and nursery rhymes to build phonemic awareness.
- Make simple word cards at home.
- Engage your child in a print-rich environment.
- Play word games at home or in the car.
- Understand the core skills involved in teaching kids to read.
- Play with letter magnets.
What are some fun reading activities?
Fun Reading Activities
- 1 – Have a book themed day.
- 2 – Act out your favorite book.
- 3 – Create and play a game based on your favorite book.
- 4 – Write and illustrate your own book.
- 5 – Read books to other people.
- 6 – Make treats based on a book.
- 7 – Make a craft from a book.
- 8 – Do a book scavenger hunt.
What apps teach kids to read?
These great apps for reading skills are a fun way to help your kids practice sight words and phonics before kindergarten.
- Bob Books Reading Magic #1.
- Bob Books Reading Magic #2.
- Home Base by Scholastic.
- Scholastic F.I.R.S.T.
- Scholastic World of English.