What are ESL games?
Increase student engagement and satisfaction through these 10 ESL games and activities.
- Board Race.
- Call My Bluff / Two Truths and A Lie.
- Simon Says.
- Word Jumble Race.
- The Mime.
- Hot Seat.
How do you make ESL lessons fun?
Here’s how to make learning English fun for your students:
- Get to know your student. Set a target or a goal.
- Make the lesson interactive by using props and telling stories.
- Be mindful of body language and play with the tone of your voice.
- Reward the student and play games.
- Don’t take it so seriously. Have fun!
What to teach to ESL beginners kids?
30 ESL Topics For Kids
- Alphabet and phonics.
- Greetings and Introductions (Hello / Goodbye / What’s your name?)
- Feelings and Emotions (How are you?)
- Weather (How’s the weather? / What’s the weather like?)
- Colors (What color is it?)
- Numbers (How many? / How Much is it?)
- Adjectives (It’s big / small.)
How do I gamify my ESL classroom?
Here’s How You Can Gamify Your ESL Classroom Efficiently
- Choose a Goal. What do you want your students to accomplish?
- Divide It into Milestones.
- Design Your Game Board.
- Create Avatars.
- Create Badges.
- Design a Leaderboard.
- Consider Playing in Teams.