How do you teach English vocabulary in a fun way? Instead, getting your students to read a short story, an article or a comic can be a helpful and fun way to teach new English vocabulary. As you probably know, reading is key for vocabulary learning. Even when not paying attention, our brains make subtle connections between language and storytelling.
What are English vocabulary games? You found our list of fun and simple vocabulary games for adults. Vocabulary games are activities that include language and wordplay. Example games include Word Association and Hang Man. Players can enjoy vocabulary games in person or online. The purpose of these games is to strengthen vocabulary skills.
What games improve your vocabulary?
- Synonyms. Associating a vocabulary word with its synonyms is a great way to form lasting connections between the word and its definition.
- Vocabulary Bingo.
- Circle Rotations.
- Trashcan Basketball.
- Newspaper Search.
How can I teach my child English vocabulary?
- Bring new words to life.
- Visualise new words on paper.
- Encourage your child to query any new words they come across.
- Talk constantly with your child.
- Have two-way conversations with your child.
- Don’t ‘dumb down’ your own vocabulary.
- Put new words into context.