How do you make dinosaur bones for kids?
How do you teach a 4 year old about dinosaurs? Let your children put the bones together just as a paleontologist would. Don’t give them a model let each child design their own dinosaur. Allow each child to choose from several items (Shell, leaf, bone, plastic Dinosaur, etc) to make into a fossil. Coat the item with Petroleum Jelly.
How do you make homemade dinosaur bones?
- Mix together 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of water.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes or until it’s firm.
- Create dinosaur bones with the salt dough.
- Use a bit of food coloring to give the bones some age before baking them.
- Bake the dinosaur bones for 30 minutes per inch of thickness at 325 degrees.
How do you teach fossils to preschoolers?
- Roll your clay so it is approximately 1/8″ – 1/4″ thick.
- Use a glass or cup to cut out circles from the clay.
- Gently press a dinosaur into the clay circle. Experiment with ways you can add texture and lines to the clay.
- Bake or air dry your fossils.
- Discuss how to share and display your fossils.