How do I teach my child to recognize money?
How to Teach Counting Money in 1st and 2nd Grade
- Focus on Skip Counting (before counting money) Counting money requires that students be able to skip count by 5s, 10s, and 25s.
- Teach Stop and Start Counting:
- Introduce Counting Money with Coins Slowly:
- Provide Visual Reminders:
- Practice with Money Games:
How can I make learning money fun?
15 Fun Money Activities for Kids
- 1) Ready, Set, Save! There’s nothing like some sibling rivalry to help inspire saving!
- 2) The Pizza Budget.
- 3) Coin Caterpillars.
- 4) The Seeds of Saving.
- 5) Take a Trip to the Store.
- 6) Plan and Cook a Meal.
- 7) Declutter and Donate.
- 8) Second-Hand Scavenging.
What games can we play with coins?
Use Your Lucky Pennies With These 7 Fun Coin Games
- Throw The Penny.
- The Penny Stacker.
- Sliding Pennies.
- Find A Penny, Pick It Up
- The Unlucky Penny Game.
- Money Toss.
- Hit The Coin.
How do you teach kids about money change?