How can I help my child memorize multiplication?
- Step 1: Break up the facts into manageable chunks.
- Step 2: Make the facts concrete with a simple visual.
- Step 3: Teach your child to use easier facts as stepping stones to the harder facts.
- Step 4: Practice each times table on its own until it’s mastered.
What are some fun multiplication games?
- Beach ball toss. Pass around a “multiplication beach ball” to make your lesson feel like a day at the beach.
- Bean bag race. This game puts a math twist on your traditional relay race.
- Multiplication scoot. Example of multiplication scoot question cards.
How do you practice multiplication in a fun way?
- Make Multiplication Fact Practice A Game.
- Use Dice and Dominos.
- Play Scoot with Math Task Cards.
- Multiplication Stories.
- A Multiplication Celebration.
- Have a Multiplication Bee.
- Race the Teacher.
- Go Digital.
How do you play multiplication games? Play multiplication war
Each player flips two cards, then writes out the multiplication sentence and the answer. The player with the higher product takes all the cards. Play until the deck is gone. The player with the most cards wins!